L39ION of Los Angeles is known as a road cycling team, but this weekend some of its riders will line up for a little gravel race action.
Sam Boardman looks to be bringing a Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL7 to the Gravel Locos event in Texas.
Boardman's Tarmac features a custom team paint job, which certainly makes it stand out in the pack. For instance, the team's lion logo appears on the fork leg, and the top tube features text saying "have the strength to dream big."
- Best gravel bikes: drop bar offroaders for racing and exploring
- Best gravel bike tires: fast-rolling yet grippy rubber for drop-bar dirt road rides
The bike's component package largely features parts from SRAM and Specialized. A SRAM Red eTAP AXS drivetrain takes care of all the shifting, and the disc brakes are from SRAM as well.
The wheels, whose deep black color contrasts well with the white frame, are the DT Swiss ARC 1400 Dicut DB model. To find traction and maintain control on the dirt road sections of the race, Williams is using Specialized All Condition Armadillo tires.
For the cockpit, a Specialized S-Works Tarmac stem complements an S-Works Romin saddle. Bolted to the bars is a Wahoo Elemnt Roam cycling computer that will be showing data collected from the Quarq Red AXS Direct Mount power meter.
Other details on the bike include Shimano Dura-Ace pedals, S-Works Carbon Rib Cage water bottle cages, and a Moosepacks Custom Seat Pack.
Tech Specs: Sam Boardman's Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL7
- Frame: S-Works Tarmac SL7
- Groupset: SRAM Red eTap AXS
- Brake levers: SRAM Red eTap AXS
- Brake calipers: SRAM Red eTap AXS HRD
- Wheelset: DT Swiss ARC 1400 Dicut DB
- Saddle bag: Moosepacks Custom Seat Pack
- Stem: S-Works Tarmac Stem
- Power meter: Quarq Red AXS Direct Mount
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Saddle: S-Works Romin
- Tires: Specialilzed All Condition Armadillo
- Computer: Wahoo Elemnt Roam
- Bottle cages: S-Works Carbon Rib Cage