Kyle Strait is one of the favorites for this year's Red Bull Rampage competition that kicks off a week today. The riders, builders and race mechanics are already hard at it in the Utah mountains. This year Strait will be competing on a very special one-of-a-kind bike. Dubbed the Vitus VT-01 Prototype, not only is it a completely custom-built Vitus development model, but it's also been stunningly hand-painted by Jake Wilkins of Cathedral One designs, who's worked on Kyle's Rampage frames in the past.
The paint job is inspired by Kyle and his family's love of classic country and western music, while the components were all selected by Strait himself. Let's take a look at this stunning mountain bike...
Tech specs: Kyle Strait's Vitus VT-01 Prototype
- Frame: Vitus VT-01 Prototype [200mm travel, custom 435mm chainstay, flip-chip in high/progressive setting]
- Fork: RockShox Boxxer Ultimate 200mm travel
- Shock: RockShox Vivid Air Ultimate
- Wheels: Stan's Flow
- Tires: Kenda Prototype 27.5x2.45-inch front and rear
- Bar/stem: Deity Blacklabel 38mm rise, Intake direct mount
- Saddle: SDG Patriot I-beam
- Grips: Sensus Meaty Paw signature model
- Pedals: Sensus Crue
- Drivetrain: SRAM X01-DH 7-speed
- Cranks: SRAM X0-DH 36T chainring
- Brakes: SRAM with 220mm HS2 rotors
Red Bull Rampage takes place on October 13. You can watch the action unfold in various ways depending on where you live. ESPN+ will exclusively stream the event in the U.S., and the competition will be available live on Red Bull TV in all other countries. To stay up to date on the latest Red Bull Rampage information, including venue details, ESPN+ and Red Bull TV tune-in times, and spectator info, visit Redbull.com.