We're used to seeing Nino Schurter riding short-travel cross-country bikes, but lately, the multi-time World Champion has swung a leg over an enduro-style e-MTB.
The cross-country racer has been riding the Scott Ransom eRIDE around his local trails in Switzerland. The bike features 180mm of travel and is powered by a Bosch drive unit. Schurter says that he still likes pushing his limits, even on motorized bikes.
“I particularly enjoy pushing the limits uphill with the E-Bike, the extra power offers exciting possibilities especially in steep and challenging terrain," he said.
Schurter also touted the benefits of riding an e-MTB.
"Every passionate biker will for sure have lots of fun on an e-bike, especially when time is limited for a nice after-work tour or when your riding buddies are not on the same level. I love to switch between both bikes as it offers me a different riding style. A mixture of both worlds makes it perfect for avid mountain bikers."
The Swiss racer's Ransom eRIDE is fully equipped with RockShox suspension and SRAM components. For the suspension, a RockShox Zeb Ultimate is paired with a RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate in the rear. The drivetrain is electric, too, as Schurter uses SRAM's XO1 Eagle AXS system with 10-52T gearing.
A 625Wh battery from Bosch provides the power to the Bosch Performance CX drive unit. The bike also features a Bosch display unit.
The bike is rounded out with SRAM Code RSC brakes and a RockShox Reverb AXS dropper post. Maxxis Assegai tires provide plenty of grip, while the rest of the build features Syncros components, including the brand's Revelstoke wheelset.
- Best e-MTB motors: choosing the best e-MTB motor for your riding
Tech Specs: Nino Schurter's Scott Ransom eRIDE
- Frame: SCOTT Ransom eRIDE- 180mm of travel
- Fork: Rock Shox Zeb Ultimate - 180mm of travel
- Rear Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate
- Drive Unit: Bosch Performance CX
- Battery: PowerTube 625Wh
- Display: Bosch Kiox
- Rear Derailleur: Sram Eagle AXS X01 12s
- Shifter: Sram Eagle AXS
- Cassette: Sram Eagle 10-52T
- Brakes: Sram Code RSC
- Handlebar – Stem: Syncros Hixon iC 1.0 Rise
- Seatpost: Sram Reverb AXS
- Seat: Syncros Tofino V 1.0
- Wheelset: Syncros Revelstoke 1.0
- Tires: Maxxis Assegai 2.5WT DH casing
- Grips: Syncros foam
- Kickstand: Syncros Fully E-MTB 2 Bolts