Hot on the heels of its Izzo Uncaged 7 edition, YT has today announced the release of the Jeffsy Uncaged 8. This new version comes tricked out with Cane Creek suspension, wireless SRAM GX Eagle AXS gearing, Crankbrothers/Industry Nine 29-inch wheels and a high gloss ‘peanut’ yellow paint job. Like the Izzo Uncaged 7, only 300 models will be released worldwide.
If you’re unfamiliar with the Jeffsy, it’s one of the best trail mountain bikes around that nestles nicely between YT’s enduro bomber, the Capra, and its short-travel ripper, the Izzo. This once-it’s-gone-it’s-gone Uncaged 8 edition lines up (albeit briefly) with the four regular Jeffsy models – the Core 2, Core 3, Core 4 and Uncaged 6.
The standout conventional spec on the new Jeffsy is the Cane Creek suspension. The Helm MK2 fork provides 150mm of travel that can be adjusted to 160mm without the need for extra components. Similarly, the air volume is tuneable without the usual requirement to add plastic tokens to the internals.
The Kitsuma Air shock has 55mm of travel, a three-position climb lever and four-way compression/rebound adjustment. This allows riders to do the vast majority of their shock tuning without the need for tools, making it ideal for trailside tweaks.
Gear shifting on the Jeffsy Uncaged 8 comes courtesy of SRAM’s wireless, electronic GX Eagle AXS 12-speed system, with a 10-52-tooth cassette paired up with a 32-tooth crank for plenty of range. A RockShox Reverb AXS wireless dropper adds yet more electronic wizardry and is topped with an SDG Bel Air 3.0 saddle.
Everything rolls on hand-built Industry Nine 1/1 hubs laced onto Crankbrothers Synthesis Enduro 31.5mm rims. The wheels are shod with a 29x2.5 triple compound Maxxis Minion DHF on the front and a 29x2.4 triple compound Minion DHR on the rear, while SRAM G2 Ultimate brakes provide the stopping ability.
The Jeffsy Uncaged 8 is available now in the US and “mid-spring” in the EU from YT-industries.com. Given the limited numbers being released, you’ll need to act fast if you want to bag one.
Tech Specs: YT Jeffsy Uncaged 8
- Price: $5,999 / £5,499 / €5,499
- Weight: 14.50kg / 31.97lb (size weighed – small)
- Frame: Ultra Modulus carbon frame 29 V4L, 150 mm, 148 x 12 mm DT Swiss Thru Axle w/o Lever
- Fork: Cane Creek Helm MK2 29in, 150 mm, H/LSC LSR, 44 mm Offset
- Shock: Cane Creek Kitsuma Air 210 x 55 mm, H/LSC H/LSR, Twin Tube
- Headset: Cane Creek Hellbender 70 ZS44 ZS56, stainless steel bearings, two spacer 5 mm
- Stem: Renthal Apex 35, 50 mm
- Handlebar: Renthal Fatbar 35 780 mm
- Grips: ODI Elite Motion V2.1 Lock-On
- Crankset: SRAM GX Eagle 170 mm, 32T, DUB
- Chainguide: E13 TRS Race SL I05, 28-36T
- Cassette: SRAM XG 1275 Eagle 10-52T, 12-Speed
- Derailleur: SRAM GX AXS Eagle 12-Speed
- Shifter: SRAM GX AXS Eagle 12-Speed
- Wheels: Crankbrothers Synthesis Enduro Alloy I9 1/1 29in 31.5 mm, 110 x 15 mm, 29in 29.5 mm, 148 x 12 mm, XD
- Tires: Maxxis Minion DHF Maxxis Minion DHR II 29in’ x 2.5 WT, 3C MaxxGrip, EXO, TR 29in x 2.4 WT, 3C MaxxTerra, EXO, TR
- Brakes: SRAM G2 RSC, front 200 mm, rear 200 mm
- Seatpost: SRAM Reverb AXS 31.6mm, 125 mm (S-M), 150 mm (L), 170 mm (XL, XXL)
- Saddle: SDG Bel Air 3.0 140 mm, Lux-Alloy Rail, YT custom
- Bottom bracket: SRAM DUB pressfit BB DUB PF MTB 9