Vitus have a deserved reputation for excellent value and they certainly know how to put well designed bike together too. While we're yet to review the Mythique here on Bike Perfect, our colleagues over at MBR.co.uk gave this trail sorted 29 VRX model 10/10 with technical editor, Alan Muldoon, saying, "whether you’re starting out in mountain biking or are a seasoned rider looking for a trail bike that offers unbeatable value, we simply can not recommend the Mythique highly enough."
This Mythique 29 VRX is top of the range of the purely human powered models, though there's also a range of Mythique e-MTBs, and a range of recently launched superbly specced children's Mythique's. The Mythique 29 VRX is definitely one of the best budget full-suspension bikes around at it's usual £2,099.99 price. Now it's even better value though with a hefty £630 price cut which takes it to £1,469.99.
Vitus Mythique 29 VRX:
£2,099.99, now £1469.99 at Chain Reaction
Save £630. This capable and very well specced trail bike is a serious bargain and comes equipped with a 140mm Marzocchi Bomber Z2 fork and RockShox Deluxe Select R shock. Other key spec highlights are the 12-speed Shimano/Race Face drivetrain, Maxxis High Roller II tires and a Brand-X Ascend dropper post.
Along with the rest of the Bike Perfect team, I've spent the Amazon Prime Day period looking for top deals on bikes and gear and the Mythique 29 VRX is definitely the best deal I've found. Yes, there are a other bargain full-suspension MTB deals out there like the Nukeproof Reactor 290 Comp, but they come in limited sizes, while the Mythique is in stock in every size bar small. As well as the 29 VRX version with 29-inch wheels, there's also a 27.5-inch wheeled option, but I'd recommend the bigger wheeled model due to its faster rolling speed, but if you want more agile bike, the 27 VRX is a fantastic option and is also 30% off at the moment too.
The Mythique's frame geometry is bang up to date and it's packed with excellent spec such as a 140mm Marzocchi Bomber Z2 fork (that we gave 4.5 stars out of 5 in our review) and RockShox Deluxe Select R shock. Other component highlights include a 12-speed Shimano/Race Face drivetrain, Maxxis High Roller II tires and a Brand-X Ascend dropper post.
If you don't live in the UK, this offer unfortunately doesn't apply to you. However, I've added our deal checker below which will show you the best price on the Mythique 29 VRX wherever you live. And for more offers, see our Amazon Prime Day deals main hub.
Tech specs: Vitus Mythique 29 VRX
- Frame: 6061-T6 Alloy, 148x12mm, UDH hanger
- Fork: Marzocchi Bomber Z2, 140mm, Rail damper, 110mm x 15mm, 44mm offset
- Shock: RockShox Deluxe Select R, 185mm x 55mm
- Chainset: Shimano Deore M510 or Race Face Ride, 12-speed, 30T
- Rear derailleur: Shimano SLX M7100, 12-speed
- Wheels: WTB ST Light i30 TCS 2.0, 29", Vitus KT hubs
- Tires: Maxxis High Roller II 29” x 2.3”, EXO Casing, Tubeless Ready
- Brakes: Shimano MT501 or SRAM DB8 with 180mm Front & Rear, 6 Bolt rotors
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Neutron V2, 6061, 25mm Rise, 9-degree Sweep
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron, 6061 Alloy, 45mm Reach, 0 degree Rise, 31.8mm
- Seatpost: Brand-X Ascend Dropper
- Saddle: Vitus
- Available sizes: M, L, XL