For Charlie Hatton it must have been an unimaginable feeling – to stick a World Championship winning run on home soil is undoubtedly a career highlight for the young Brit. It was a good day for his sponsors Atherton Bikes too, not only had Hatton piloted their downhill bike to a World Championship downhill victory, but Andreas Kolb also rolled over the line just 0.5 seconds behind him in second place.
Atherton Bikes CEO Dan Brown said. “To be the first British bike brand to take that Elite World Champs win, and to achieve that win on a production bike so soon in our history is the absolute dream. We wanted to take a moment to celebrate all the hard work that has gone into this moment–from riders, engineers, team partners, and our tight team of employees here in Machynlleth."
The AM.200 features a unique carbon tube and 3D-printed titanium lug construction which is hand-crafted in Machynlleth, Wales. This limited edition model features black lugs and raw carbon tubes finished with unique gold anodized decals and accents. Each bike will have a unique limited edition number laser engraved into the seat tube and will be supplied with a numbered certificate of authenticity signed by Hatton.
The bike is available now and is strictly limited to 10 units, to order one you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org. The bikes feature a stunning spec and are priced at £9,650 / €9425 / $10,200 (prices exclude shipping, dollar and euro prices exclude tax).
- Frame: AM.200.M, 12 standard sizes
- Shock: Fox DHX2 225X75mm
- Fork: Fox 40 Factory
- Brakes: HAYES DOMINION PURPLE HAYES, GALFER rotors and pads with sharkfin discs, 223 front rotor 203 rear
- Wheels: 29in front, 27.5in rear, Stans Flow EX3 rims and Stans M pulse hubs
- Tires: Continental Kryptotal front on both front and rear, Tubeless with Stan’s sealant
- Drivechain Cassette: FSA k Force
- Derailleur: Sram DH XO 7-speed
- Shifter: Sram DH XO 7-speed
- Chainring: FSA 36t with O-chain
- Chain device: MRP g5
- Chain: FSA 11-speed
- Cranks: Praxis DH9 165mm with DM1X 36t
- Cockpit Headset: FSA
- Stem: FSA Gradient
- Bar: FSA gradient alloy 780mm
- Grips: ODI Elite
- Seatpost: FSA KXF carbon post
- Saddle: Proxim 450
- Extras: Invisiframe as standard